Jeff and Daniel V. won two Dayton brand heaters in the LSINC liquidation auction. One heater is missing a part, the other looks complete.
Model and Parts Information
- Dayton brand is sold exclusively through Grainger. If we are going to ask for a donated conversion kit, Grainger is the company to ask.
- Model Number: 3E134D ( Grainger Link, $800+ new )
- Serial Number: 5042490000000021
- Made by Dayong Electric MFG. Co. , Niles, IL 60714
- The Natural Gas (NG) spud appears to be metric M10 x 1.0
(Email from Preaux)
The average for natural gas is approx 1000 btu per cuft. its all about feed rated after that with a 1/2" pipe if you have a 50' run of gas pipe then you can get a flow capacity of 53.6 cuft/Hour. so you can get 53600 btu. that is a little more than 1/2 of the rated output.
If you have a 17' 1/2" pipe feeding it at 0.5 psi then you will get a 91.9cuft/hr feed rate and that will be close the the unit max output.
TL:DR - 90 cuft per hour OF NATURAL GAS as that is the model you sent.
The propane unit is:
Now propane has a BTU of 2570 per cuft so that being said the max usage of that unit is roughly 35 cuft hr.
a bbq tank is a 20lb tank that is filled 80% (head room is needed to build vapor) you get 8.66 cuft of vapor from 1 lb of liquid propane, so you have 16lbs in the tank (8.66 X 16 = 138.56 cuft) and that will give you 138.56 cuft of gas at a use rate of 35 cuft per hour get you just under 4 hrs of full heat per bbq tank.
TL:DR 4hrs of max heat per bbq tank.
That is at full blast!
Is that what you wanted?
- Check and see if Gas Plumbers can inspect our potential DIY job and hook it up from the street
- Store heaters on top of member storage
- Get missing part to heater
- Purchase propane conversion kit
- Convert one heater to propane
- Hang Converted propane heater
- In May of 2016, explore option of running natural gas lines for the heaters.