Meetings/2017-07

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • July 20, 2017
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

  • Ask Travis/facilities for a 6 month action item list
    • Extra Info: The 6 month action item list would include things like oil'ing the garage door. --Omegix (talk) 09:48, 27 July 2017 (CDT)

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

June

  • Money In: Members $1,779.43
  • Money In: Other $1,206.40
  • Money In: Total $2,985.83
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Utilities $272
  • Expenses:Waste Away $65
  • Expenses:Misc (reimbursements) $690
  • Expenses:Rent $2,000 (2xcheques got cached in the month...)
  • Expenses:WOW $61
  • Money Out $3,088.75
  • Difference ($68.88)

Earmarks

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,124.66
  • Facilities Fund: $488.60
  • Pig Roast Fund: $3,677.43
  • General Fund: $6,715.22

Total: $13,483.4

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
  • The Garage door has been repaired. The service guy told us he saw evidence that its been allowed to close on things. Don't do that.
  • Work progresses on the Sewing Enclosure. Painting is on the horizon.

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Events

Event Recap

  • July 8th - Makers @ STEAMWorks open house
  • June 24th - Pig roast made the shop $646.85

Future Events

  • Thursday, Aug 10th: Huntsville Urban Bike Share: Bike Maintenance 101 and Pre-Ride Inspection

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Chris Marshall

Misc

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Tyler Crumpton (chairman)
  • Phil Showers (treasurer)
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Norm Marshall
  • Matt Sanderson
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Nick Hanson
  • Jake Harris
  • David Pemerton
  • Barbara Attilio
  • Hunter Fuller
  • Jessie Chapman

Meeting Minutes

Tyler started the meeting at 19:31.

Phil gave the treasurer's report at 19:32 (See above).

Hunter gave an update on facilities. The network has been expanded into the new craft room, but still has a bit of work to be done. The craft room itself is getting close to done!

The garage door has been repaired thanks to the land lord. We need to be more careful with the garage door in the future since it's a fairly old door.

Events: We had a table at the SteamWorks open house and had a lot of great interaction and there's potential for good collaboration with SteamWorks.

We had the pig roast toward the end of last month and it was fairly successful.

The bikes and brews group came through and used the shop as a stop along the way. They're planning a bike maintenance class on August 10th before the start of the next ride.

Gigaparts is interested in collaborating with us to provide a display with potential projects in a 11'x11' or a 11'x22' space with parts sold at least partially at Gigaparts. Talk to Jeff and Tyler for more information.

We're likely to put out a proposal for changing the logo in the very near future, so keep an eye out.

The next meeting will occur on August 17th.