Meetings/2018-06

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • June 21, 2018
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

May

  • Money In: Members $1658.09
  • Money In: Other $163.62
  • Money In: Total $1,821.71
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Misc $44.88 (moar domain renewal)
  • Expenses:Utilities $363.75
  • Expenses:WOW $61.00
  • Expenses:Dumpster $65
  • Expenses:Rent $1000
  • Money Out $1,534.63
  • Difference $287.08

Earmarks (These numbers are out of date)

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2511
  • Facilities Fund: $95
  • Laser Fund: $1910
  • General Fund: $6274

Total: $12,137

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Moved one server (of 2) to the rack at ACE Creative Engagement and set up data replication and networking between that location and ML256. This allows for services to be operative during power issues at the shop. User:hfuller

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Add configuration for off-site server to be able to serve services, even while the make shop network connection is offline. User:hfuller

Events

Pig Roast!

  • June 30, 12 pm
  • Check our Facebook for the event!
  • LAN party to follow
    • Talk to Greg if you want to host a server!


Pig Roast Cleanup Day

  • June 23, 9 am
  • all items should be in member storage or at home


Retro Game Night!

  • TBD

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Nick Weiner
  • Derrick Webb
  • Josey Wells

Misc

Attending

  • Kinsey Moore
  • Michele Cotten
  • Phil Showers
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Erin Hayward
  • Jake Harris
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Bradley Marshall

Meeting Minutes

Tyler Crumpton started the meeting at 1930


Treasurer!

  • Phil Showers reviewed the treasurer's report at 1931
  • If you use Amazon Smile, set us as your charity!
  • Make sure all the lights and fans (especially in the office) are turned off when you leave!


Facilities!

  • Jake Harris reviewed at 1936
  • Some broken tools (miter saw, router) were discovered this month and replaced
  • Please let facilities know if you discover a tool (or if it breaks while you're using it)!
  • Ryobi battery is broken :c


Networking!

  • Tyler reviewed at 1939
  • One server has been migrated to a new home
  • Planned improvements: services active when shop is down (better power access and stability)


Events!

  • Pig Roast! 6/30!
  • Pig Roast clean up day 6/23!
    • Items need to be in member storage or at home
  • LAN Party will follow the Pig Roast!
    • Greg will run a Minecraft server!
    • Bradley will run a Halo server!
  • Retro Game Night TBD


Projects!

  • Tyler and Robert will be building a ring toss game for Pig Roast
  • A meat slicer now lives at the shop


New Members!

  • 3 new members!
  • If you see them say hello!


There is now a Code of Conduct posted on the wiki!

  • If you're interested in improving the CoC, join the slack channel (#code-of-conduct)!


Next Meeting: July 19 @ 1930


Tyler closed the meeting at 1948.