Meetings/2018-09

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • Sept 13, 2018
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

June - August

  • Money In: Members $3939.22
  • Money In: Other $2721.30
  • Money In: Total $6660.52
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Expenses:Insurance $475.00
  • Expenses:Utilities $1238.33
  • Expenses:WOW $183
  • Expenses:Dumpster $195
  • Expenses:Rent $3000
  • Expenses:Misc (pig related costs) $1363.44
  • Money Out $6454.77
  • Difference $205.75

Earmarks (These numbers are out of date)

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2319
  • Facilities Fund: $125
  • Laser Fund: $1910
  • General Fund: $7199

Total: $12,017

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Replace air spool Kinsey, Travis
Install ethernet drop for other office table Kinsey

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties

Projects

Events

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Will Meyers
  • Spencer Williams

Misc

Attending

  • David Pemerton
  • Kinsey Moore
  • Jeff Cotten
  • John Phillips
  • Jake Harris
  • Tyler Crumpton
  • Robert Butler
  • Kirstin DeRosa
  • Norm Marshall
  • Derrick Webb
  • Andrew Cameron

Meeting Minutes

Tyler opened the meeting at 1931.

Treasurer's report given by Phil!

  • report is now reflective of the last three months (to better reflect the financial state of the shop)
  • please turn off the A/C and lights when you leave!
  • keep an eye out for member grant proposal announcements in your email!

Facilities report given by Jake!

  • garage door issue - resolved by Travis (thanks Robert for reporting!)
  • air spool for the air hose is leaking - Kinsey and Travis working on replacing
  • pick n place should be up and running soon!
    • Tyler will teach how to use
  • Kinsey installed an ethernet drop
  • Kinsey de-molded the A/C

Project/Event Updates!

  • Jeff: stood up a BBS at the shop, a glimpse into internets past
    • if you make an account, use a unique password - TeleNet is not secure!
    • people interested in becoming sysops should contact Jeff
  • Robert: Retro Game Night is coming up on 11/17!
    • poster and shirt designs coming soon!
  • Derrick: point of contact for hurricane supply drop-offs
  • Norm: built a full-size camel silhouette with Derrick out of mdf for a play
  • Phreaknic is coming up next month!
    • Tyler will do a talk this year!

New Members!

  • Will Meyers
  • Spencer Williams

Board Elections will be next month!