From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • November 15, 2018
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

Aug - Oct 2018

  • Money In: Total $8,419.17
    • Money In: Members $5,268.45
    • Money In: Other $3,150.72
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Money Out $7,937.95
    • Expenses:Insurance $475.00
    • Expenses:Utilities $1,835.60
    • Expenses:WOW $244
    • Expenses:Dumpster $195
    • Expenses:Rent $4000
    • Expenses:Misc (Bounced checks, TV Mount, Coke machine parts, TV adapter) $1,663.35
  • Difference $481.22

Earmarks (These numbers are out of date)

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2177
  • Facilities Fund: $257
  • Laser Fund: $1910
  • General Fund: $5601

Total: $10440

Facilities Committee


  • Mouse War continues. We are winning.
  • If you accept a donation to the shop, you are responsible for making sure the FD and Treasurer are notified.
    • You also are responsible for making sure no CRT's are accepted at all. No Exceptions.
    • In the event that a donation is made that you suspect might be trashed, but you think it should go into hackables, put a sticker on it labeled "Hackables". Don't just take it home.


Item Responsible Parties
Met for Monday Night Cleanups (ongoing) Robert, Travis, Phil
Replaced stolen sewing room HDD omegix, Kinsey
Implemented Member Grant: Screen Printing Rig Travis, Bradley
Hanging Compressor Pipe in the loft Travis

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Soldering Irons Travis, Kinsey
Implementing Member Grant: Kitchen Renovation Travis, Phil
Implementing Member Grant: LoRaWAN Radio Tyler
Implementing Member Grant: Laser Camera Tyler


New Members

  • Brett Pagel
  • Nathan Bouldin

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.



  • Greg Brown (chairman)
  • Phil Showers (facilities)
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Derek Webb
  • Lisa Shier
  • Brian Oborn
  • Robert Butler

Meeting Minutes

Greg started the meeting at 19:40 with the treasurer's report presented by Phil Showers (see above).

Phil Showers gave the facilities report at 19:47. The rat problem is being taken care of thanks to Travis, Phil, and others. If you accept a donation on behalf of the shop, you are responsible for making sure the facilities director and chairman are made aware. CRTs go in the dumpster, no exceptions. We've been doing Monday night cleanups thanks to Travis, Robert, and Phil. Jeff and Kinsey resolved the textiles computer issues. The hanging air distribution upstairs has been tacked up and is out of the way now. The kitchen renovation is planned for after RGN and there are plans for LoraWAN and laser internal camera projects as a result of the member grant. The screen printing setup has been purchased and has already been used to make a shirt.

Retro Gaming Night is coming up this Saturday, November 17th.

The next meeting will occur on December 13th.