- February 10, 2022
- All members
|Review of Action Items||Chairman|
|Facilities Committee Report||Facilities Committee|
|Publicity & Events||Publicity Chair|
|New Member Recognition||Secretary|
|Decide next meeting date||Chairman|
|Change Door Code||Secretary|
- Netadmin needs a volunteer to take the exported list of makers-announce and compare it against the emails in the member directory (web tool). Anyone who is on makers-announce that is not in the directory needs to be identified. Jeff can then take care of removing those members from the list. Jeff can also provide the roster of the makers-announce email list.
3+ Month Overdue Membership Purge
- 35 Accounts were identified as 3+ months behind. An email was sent asking members to sign up for recurring donations, those that did not the account would be purged.
- 7 Accounts were retained, 6 PayPal subscriptions, 1 catch up donation
- 1 Account was not found in the system, assuming it was purged at an earlier date, but it wouldn't be the worst if the NetAdmin group checked the member email list to ensure its address is not on there.
- And do a spot check to make sure ldapdeprov script successfully removed purged members from the member email list
- 1 of the 7 accounts was re-added after being purged.
- 27 Accounts were purged on 2022.01.25
- 2 of the 27 were amicable requests for removal, the remainder were purged after no response received.
- Total Time Spent on this was hours. For one person to accomplish this task they need:
- Access to GnuCash (Treasurer will have access)
- Access to "we're going to delete your account" google doc (Jeff Cotten has access)
- SSH access to newldap vm (Must be granted by NetAdmin, requires technical knowledge of SSH tool)
- Membership to the Treasurer distribution list \ alias (Must be granted by Netadmin)
- Access to Member Directory (all members have access)
- General Recommendations:
- This should be an action item that the treasurer \ finance committee performs quarterly
- This is a task can be delegated, but requires NetAdmin support to do so, and available volunteers which we're short on.
- One of the steps for performing a membership merge should be displaying all email, as new membership subscriptions can be sent to Spam.
In the bank
- Total: $6279
- Redstone: $6011
- PayPal: $855
3 Month Report
July-1st-2021 - September-30st-2021
(Figures are Rounded)
- Money In: $(3929)
- Money Out: $4597
- Difference: +$668
Upcoming Action Items
Could put quarterly review of 3+ mos behind members into action item sheet
- New Lost and Found: https://256.makerslocal.org/wiki/Facilities/Lost_And_Found
NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.
- Michael Cook
- Jeff Cotten (treasurer)
- Kinsey Moore (secretary)
- Grace Lemley (publicity)
- Aaron Rissler
- Michael Cook
- Travis Crumpton (facilities)
- Bradley Marshall (chairman)
Bradley started the meeting at 19:30 with a review of the action items.
Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:34 (see above). Stale memberships that didn't respond to update requests were purged.
Travis gave the facilities report at 19:44. A new lost and found has been implemented in front of the stairs and the area between it and the stairs will be marked off as unusable space to prevent blockages. Jeff has been building a makerspace comparison spreadsheet that is now being updated by members of those makerspaces. We're going to do some reorganization of the IT backlog and spare tools on Saturday the 12th.
Events: We're having a cleanup day on March 12th.
The next meeting will occur March 10th.