Meetings/2019-02

From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search

Date/Location

  • February 21, 2019
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members

Agenda

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary


Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

  • GuideStar.org profile has been corrected and updated. We now have a Silver Rating. This will help us with corporate donations.

Impact of Recurring Donation Forgiveness Proposal

  • 3+ Month Overdue before proposal: 34
  • Members Signed up for Recurring Donation: 5
  • Members that made a catch up donation, or already had recurring donation setup but were 3+ months behind: 3
  • 3+ Month Overdue as of 2019.02.16: 26
  • Increase of Stable Monthly Income as of 2019.02.16: $85 / month , $1020 / year

On March 1st an invitation will be sent out the the remaining 3+ Members to Re-Apply (their membership will end).

Report

Nov 2018 - Jan 2019

  • Money In: Total $4,207.53
    • Money In: Members $3,332.12
    • Money In: Other $875.41
  • Money out of selected accounts goes to
  • Money Out $5,888.40
    • Expenses:Utilities $1,195.72
    • Expenses:WOW $183.00
    • Expenses:Dumpster $195.00
    • Expenses:Rent $3,000.00
      • Note: this amount is actually $4000, but that's due to when the checks get cashed. I've adjusted this to $3000 to show a more realistic 3 month average)
    • Expenses:Misc $1,314.68
  • Difference ($1680.87)

Earmarks (These numbers are out of date)

General Fund is Approximate.

  • Coke Machine Fund: $2,065.90
  • Facilities Fund: $115
  • Laser Fund: $1,910
  • Projects Fund: 192.49
  • General Fund: $3907.55

Total: $8190.94

Facilities Committee

Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Implementing Member Grant: Kitchen Renovation Travis, Phil, Kinsey
Fixed NFC on Front Door Travis, Phil, Kinsey

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Implementing Member Grant: LoRaWAN Radio Tyler
Implementing Member Grant: Laser Camera Tyler
Update Table Signage: Under Table0 is not for laser scrap anymore. Brian O.

Admin Report

  • File uploads are broken, for the wiki
  • LDAP is better documented
  • Azure exploration is progressing
  • DB VM for next generation maker admin tool is provisioned, but not live
  • ZM VM has been transitioned to standalone hardware
    • Public facing cam monitor is is broken
    • Sign messages have been changed

Events

  • (Past) Sewing Group met at makers (Greg)
  • LAN Party This Saturday
  • Nerd Rummage Sale April 6th
  • Robot Battle (TBD, Robert)

Public nights are now advertised in the Tech256 #events Slack channel

New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Thaylen Langsmith

Misc

Attending

  • Travis Crumpton
  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Brian Oborn
  • Bradley Marshall
  • Greg Brown (chairman)
  • Phil Showers (facilities)
  • Jeff Cotten (treasurer)

Meeting Minutes

Greg started the meeting at 19:37.

Jeff gave the treasurer's report at 19:37 (see above).

Phil gave the facilities report at 19:47. The kitchen is nearly done sans plumbing and the front door NFC is functional again. See above for additional facilities updates. The public camera is not displaying properly. There is a new camera on the way for the office that is less hacky.

We've been in contact with GAN for tool funding and personal sponsorships. See Jeff for more details.

Events: There is a minor LAN party coming up this Saturday to test the waters.

The Nerd Rummage Sale is coming up soon (see facebook page).

We are currently planning a robot battle event, see Dmitriy for additional details.

The sewing event that Greg helped organize went well!

The next meeting will occur on March 14th.