From Makers Local 256
Jump to: navigation, search


  • September 19, 2019
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • All members


Topic Presenter
Review of Board Action Items Chairman Action Items
Treasurer's Report Treasurer Action Items
Netadmin Report TBD Action Items
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee Action Items
Project Chairman Action Items
Publicity & Events Publicity Chair Action Items
New Member Recognition Secretary
Decide next meeting date Chairman
Update "Action Items Closed Since Last Meeting" Redmine Filter 'Closed' date to be today's date Chairman
Change Door Code Secretary

Discussion Topics

Action Items

Finance Committee

Treasurer's Report

Jan 2019 - Sep 2019

  • Money In: Total $13,631.38
    • Money In: Members $11,224.08
    • Money In: Other $2,407.30
  • Money Out $14,360.36
    • Expenses:Utilities $3,436.17
    • Expenses:WOW $488
    • Expenses:Dumpster $585
    • Expenses:Rent $8,300
    • Expenses:Misc $1,076
    • Expenses:Insurance $475
  • Difference ($728.98)

Total: $9,453

Facilities Committee


Item Responsible Parties
Cleanup Day Kinsey, Matt, Bradley, Jessica, Norm, Nathan, Brian, Jeff, Michelle, Greg, Travis, John, Phil, Others
Painted Shed Travis

Planned Improvements

Item Responsible Parties
Repair the Upstairs Sink Phil, Travis
CNC Controller replacement Phil, GeekofallTrades
Implementing Member Grant: LoRaWAN Radio Tyler
Implementing Member Grant: Laser Camera Tyler
Update Table Signage: Under Table0 is not for laser scrap anymore. Brian O.


New Members

NOTE: All new members, meet with the Facilities Committee for your shop walk through.

  • Matt Gilliam
  • Angela Gilliam



  • Kinsey Moore (secretary)
  • Phil Showers (treasurer, facilities)
  • Brian Belew
  • Andrew
  • Michele Cotten
  • Jeff Cotten
  • Greg Brown

Meeting Minutes

Greg started the meeting at 19:33 with Phil giving the treasurer's report (see above).

Phil gave the facilities report at 19:36. There was a great cleansing over the last week. The shop is significantly cleaner than it was before. Kinsey fixed the lights upstairs. The sink upstairs has a broken drain and is not to be used until it's fixed. The servers are getting more reliable as we fix things. We acquired and painted a shed thanks to Phil and Travis and the bike shed has been mostly cleaned out and needs repair.

Events: October 24th is pumpkin carving night as per Jeff. Phreaknic is coming up in early November (many of us attend). The DevSpace conference is occurring soon in Huntsville as well. Michele's sandworm costume/project will be featured in the Huntsville Christmas parade on December 3rd.

The next meeting will occur on October 17th.