From Makers Local 256
- Definition of a Policy
- "Policies" are member generated.
- Definition of a Rule
- Rules are policies the board has voted on to resolve contested policies.
- What procedures constitute an accepted policy
- Accepted policies are emailed to the members list (makers-announce) AND put on the Policies Wiki Page AND are not contested via email within Seven (7) Days.
- How to challenge an accepted policy
- Policies are contested informally via email until the policy is agreed upon, or until a member submits a proposal to the board to define a rule.
- How to challenge a rule
- Rules are contested using a proposal, using the proposal method outlined in the Bylaws
- What procedure to follow for policy non-compliance
- Accepted Policies that are not followed can use the Actionable Offense methods outlined in the Bylaws
- How policies are communicated to new members
- Reviewing the wiki pages containing Policies and Rules is part of the new member "welcome email".