Meetings

From Makers Local 256
Revision as of 17:26, 7 April 2009 by Saratheneale (Talk | contribs)

Jump to: navigation, search

Calendar

  • April 21 2009, 7:30pm - 8:30pm: General Meeting at shop

Meetings

July 22 2008

Topic Presenter
Money from non members/Members rules Jeff/Matt
Treasurer's Report Jeff
Proposal for an Action Item List Jeff
In person monthly meetings Nathan
Liability release forms Jeff
Keep refrigerator cleaned out Nathan
Set Next Open House Date Sara (please see discussion below)
Swap Meet Ray
Hamfest Greg
Get 1 person to join Jeff
Coda development (for Bylaws) Jeff or David
Makers Local Shirts Nathan


August 26 2008

Topic Presenter
Open House (flyer, projects) Everyone
Appointment Making System JimShoe
Review of Action Items Everyone
MrWorld wants a Key Everyone
Phreaknic planning - which projects need to be done and by when. Everyone
What Email address to use for paypal? Jeff / Matt


September 23 2008

Topic Presenter
Open House Review Everyone
Next Open House Date Everyone
501c3 Status Omegix
Front Page Edits JimShoe
Phreaknic Status update Everyone
non board member attendance at Board meetings Brimstone
Review of Action Items Everyone


October 28 2008

Topic Presenter
501c3 Status Omegix
Fire Extinguisher Reimbursement ($49.97) Omegix
USB Servo Equipment Reimbursement (Cost about $60, Asking for $48) Omegix
Discuss Open House JimShoe && Everyone
Set cleaning day for Open House Everyone
Do we need a sign? JimShoe
Review of Action Items Everyone
Phone availability \ liability Omegix


November 18 2008

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Everyone
Formation of group (1-3 members) for design/creation of www front page korc
Tutorial on operation of gas heater  ???
Membership approval Omegix
Key additions Omegix
State Farm's insurance policies Omegix
Discussion of Election Process/Election of Board/Officers Everyone


December 16 2008

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Everyone
Vote on Key Requests Everyone
What to do with extra stuff/Cleaning Day Nathan
Treasurer Report Jeff
Next Open House Raymond
Need to find a new place Jeff


January 13 2009

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Everyone
Compiling of Charter Member pledge amounts for second fiscal year (starts in april) Jeff
Business Personal Property Coverage Jeff
501c3 Status Jeff
Green dotted items Nathan
Space Bob, Jeff, Ray, Nathan, Greg


February 17 2009

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Everyone
Reimbursement Request for Filing Amendment 3 Treasurer
Need a volunteer to maintain dues collection list and dues requests from non board memebrs Treasurer
Open House JimShoe
Info to give Jennifer in preparation of our Open House JimShoe
Vote on any new membership application JimShoe


March 24 2009

Topic Presenter
Review of Action Items Chairman
Treasurer's Report Treasurer
Facilities Committee Report Facilities Committee
Project/Event Updates Chairman
Decide next meeting date Chairman
New Member Recognition Secretary
Change Door Code if loss of member Secretary
Proposal/0007-Modification to membership Application Jeff
New Make Shop Space Update Everyone
Open House Final Review Everyone


Emergency March 31, 200-

Date/Location

  • March 31 2009
  • 7:30pm
  • Shop
  • General list invited, Board Members

Agenda

no formal agenda. An emergency meeting was called to discuss which location was the best to pursue for Makers Local 256 to move to.

Attendance

(from memory. Please correct if I'm forgetting someone). Board Members:

  • bob
  • sara
  • matt
  • ray
  • greg
  • nathan
  • kinsey
  • dave

Other Members:

  • tim
  • mog

Others:

  • Jake

Notes

Taken informally by Sara.

Meeting Notes

  • Bob made a decision chart for 3 locations. Everyone's leaned toward the Brown St. Location.

On the Brown Location:

  • Bad news:
  • deposit huntsville utilities = 2x the largest power bill within the last 5 years.

new place = $1200 deposit. Brown St. vs the $300 utility we have now.

  • More slightly bad news: he's also got another person that asked about it.
  • Writing out the numbers:

$2700 Initial Outlay for Brown St. $1500 + 1200 deposit.

Brown St - no deposit- first and last months rent = $1500.

we have $1000 in the bank account?

  • A suggestion is made to have a bake sale.
  • inital move in costs for other two places:
    • Jordan - $800 for Jim intially. Don't know about deposit. Lot of money out of pocket to fix up. including wiring. over the next 4 - 5 months at least.
  • Ray: We came up with $2510 a year ago for start up costs. Surely, we can come up with $2700.
  • Guest suggestion: Maybe just stay here and save up the money.
    • no one wants to do that because we can't get new members without more space.
  • Bob can pay his year up front. And that will take care of us for now. but thats 900 that goes away, and we need an extra 100 a month theoretically.
  • Utilities Idea: have an air conditioner monitor that cuts off when we get close to budget.
  • Can we afford $920 a month?


  • Money Suggestions
    • Supposedly, we have a couple extra $ a month.
    • Ray's tax return is going straight to the shop.
    • Bob says enlist an accountant once a quarter.
    • A suggestion is made to get each member to cough up $20. if we have 22 members, that's $420 right there.
    • if we get the deposit back for the current spot, that money can go towards our start up costs.
    • dave's thinking of calling the utility place up. and begging to knock down the utility deposit.
    • It could be a year before we get company match contributions.
  • Is there a time frame we want? End of the week, etc.
  • Maker Friends Willing to Throw $ at Startup Costs
    • Bob throws out $1200 for the deposit. Put utilities deposit back in the bank account.
    • Dickie $305
    • Tim friday 300 no questions one time.
    • Nathan $304
    • Kinsey $300
    • David $300
    • Bob will pay utility deposit (counts of upfront).
    • Jake might be able to put in $100
  • Chart of StartUp Costs
    • Rent $740
    • Deposit: $1500
    • Utility Deposit: $1200
    • Net: $20
    • Utility: $100
  • First Month Bill Totals: $2970
  • Second Month Bill Totals: $1020
  • Proposal is made to pursue Brown St. Location. All board members present vote in favor.
  • A suggestion is made for a Donations Page with honors for big donors.
  • Mog asked Marc Spencer about donating. told him that our first month is about 3k.
  • Call Treasurer to make sure our numbers jive
  • Has our $650 from this month come out yet? yes
  • Bob - will call Mike and say Yes we'll take it.
  • need to sit down with Jeff and go over the books. calling and putting him on speaker phone.


  • He will make a $513 deposit.
  • There's already $915 in the bank even with April bill taken out.
  • Have paid the rent for April.
  • Donations for April are going into bank tomorrow.
  • Total will now be $1400 in the bank tomorrow. Does not include donations in box
  • our insurance will probably go up.
  • Jeff expects our monthly total will go up by $200.
  • Donation Box Results. around $315 in box. just donations and applications.
  • Bob will call Mike tomorrow. Can we move in early for overlap time?

Post Meeting Notes